After a successful start to this program last year for Philadelphia, ACS Publications is happy to announce our call for applications for our 2nd Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the 253rd ACS National Meeting & Exposition in San Francisco, CA (April 2-6, 2017).
ACS Publications is encouraging librarians who have never attended ACS National Meeting, or who have not attended in the last five years, to apply for this travel grant. This is an opportunity for librarians to network with the community of librarians, researchers, and ACS staff at this national conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to network and learn more about this excited field of academic librarianship.
Learn more about the ACS National Meeting from our Fall 2016 Travel Grant recipients:
Applications are now being accepted. Please see below for application requirements and submission instructions.
Amount: Up to $2500 for travel expenses + registration to the conference
Number of awards: up to two available per meeting
- Full-time librarian, or full-time library school student at an ALA-accredited institution
- Never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, and be able to attend the entire conference (April 2-6)
Expectations of awardee:
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information Welcoming Reception and Poster Session (Sunday)
- Attend a lunch with ACS Publications staff during National Meeting
- Serve on the Award Committee for the next National Meeting travel grant
- Write an article for ACS Axial after the meeting on their experience, advice, and takeaways from the meeting
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is NOT required
- Previous Travel Grant Recipients and ACS Publications staff
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF:
- CV/Resume required; references are optional
- Short essay, no more than 1000 words, on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career and what you hope to get out of attending the conference
- Cover letter is not required
to Michael Qiu, M_Qiu@acs.org, by Friday, February 3, 2017 at 5 PM Eastern Time. Recipients will be contacted no later than Friday, February 17.
Questions? Please contact Michael Qiu, Library Relations Manager, M_Qiu@acs.org.