The Editors and staff at ACS Publications, a nonprofit publisher and division of the American Chemical Society, are proud to announce that 12 of the peer-reviewed journals in our biological portfolio are accepting direct transfers of manuscripts and metadata from bioRxiv as of Monday, June 6, 2022.
If you already publish your findings in our journals, we hope this will make that process even easier for you! If you haven’t published in an ACS biological journal recently—or ever—we bet you’ve read one of our articles on PubMed Central or Google Scholar, and hope you’ll read on to learn more.
3 Reasons to Publish Your Biological Paper in an ACS Publications Journal
1. ACS Publications is a nonprofit society publisher and a division of the American Chemical Society.
ACS Publications is an experienced publisher with a focus on serving researchers and the scientific community. We do this by:
- Enlisting practicing researchers from prominent institutions around the world to serve as Editors-in-Chief and other members of our journals’ editorial teams.
- Employing a high-quality peer-review process developed over more than 140 years of publishing respected scholarly journals.
- Expediting manuscript processing to deliver decisions and get papers published as quickly as possible.
2. ACS has more than 60 years of experience publishing high-quality biological journals.
ACS expanded our engagement with the global community of scientific researchers more than a half century ago. Now we have more than a dozen core biological journals as well as more than 20 multidisciplinary journals and those focused on branches of chemistry that also publish articles about biological research.
3. ACS offers authors a variety of publishing options.
- Most ACS journals are Transformative Journals, which offer a choice of publishing under the traditional subscription model or under the newer open access model:
- It’s free to submit and free to publish in an ACS Transformative Journal under the traditional subscription model. That means no author charges, page charges, processing charges or color charges.
- Once an article is accepted for publication in an ACS Transformative Journal, authors who want to make their article open access—or are required to by their funders—can do so by paying an article publishing charge (APC).
- ACS also has 12 fully open access journals, including ACS Bio & Med Chem Au, which serves the biological research community. Publishing in these journals also requires paying an APC after article acceptance.
Get to Know ACS Publications’ Biological Journals
The 12 journals listed below began accepting direct transfers of manuscripts and metadata from bioRxiv on Monday, June 6, 2022. Read on to learn more about these journals or visit pubs.acs.org to learn about all the full portfolio of ACS journals.
Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
In publication since 1959
Findings on the relationship between molecular structure and biological activity or mode of action in drug discovery and development.
Impact Factor 2020: 7.446 | Citations 2020: 85,946| CiteScore 2020: 10.6
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In publication since 1962.
Exceptional, rigorous, high-impact interdisciplinary research articles across all of biological chemistry.
Impact Factor 2020: 3.162 | Citations 2020: 76,745| CiteScore 2020: 5.5
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com.
Journal of Natural Products
In publication since 1979
Reports on natural products related to the chemistry or biochemistry of naturally occurring compounds or the biology of their living systems and environments.
Impact Factor 2020: 4.050 | Citations 2020: 32,074| CiteScore 2020: 6.5
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In publication since 1990
Research articles on all aspects of bioconjugates, including the preparation, properties and applications of biomolecular conjugates.
Impact Factor 2020: 4.774 | Citations 2020: 18,580| CiteScore 2020: 8.1
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com.
In publication since 2004
Findings that contribute to the molecular mechanistic understanding of drug delivery and drug delivery systems.
Impact Factor 2020: 4.939 | Citations 2020: 22,570| CiteScore 2020: 8.1
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACS Chemical Biology
In publication since 2006
Reports of research on cellular processes using in vitro, cellular or whole organism studies at the chemical and biological interface.
Impact Factor 2020: 5.100 | Citations 2020: 16,023| CiteScore 2020: 7.6
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com.
ACS Chemical Neuroscience
In publication since 2010
Chemical, quantitative biological, biophysical, and bioengineering research reports on the nervous system and neurological disorders.
Impact Factor 2020: 4.418 | Citations 2020: 10,120| CiteScore 2020: 6.5
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters
In publication since 2010
New findings in drug discovery, compound design and optimization, biological evaluation, drug delivery, imaging agents, and pharmacology.
Impact Factor 2020: 4.345 | Citations 2020: 8,201| CiteScore 2020: 5.8
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com.
ACS Synthetic Biology
In publication since 2012
Reports on integrative, molecular approaches to the understanding of the organization and function of cells, tissues, and organisms in systems.
Impact Factor 2020: 5.110 | Citations 2020: 7,500| CiteScore 2020: 7.9
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACS Infectious Diseases
In publication since 2015
Highlights the role of chemistry in the multidisciplinary and collaborative field of infectious diseases.
Impact Factor 2020: 5.084 | Citations 2020: 3,865| CiteScore 2020: 6
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com.
ACS Pharmacology & Translational Science
In publication since 2018
A biomedical journal reporting advances across the molecular and biological sciences—from basic and preclinical studies to clinical trials.
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACS Bio & Med Chem Au
In publication since 2021
Biological and medicinal chemistry covering the chemical, physical, biological, mechanistic, and structural basis of biological function.
If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com.