ACS Publications is excited to announce our call for applications for our Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the 254th ACS National Meeting & Exposition in Washington, DC (August 20-24, 2017).
ACS Publications is encouraging librarians who have never attended ACS National Meeting, or who have not attended in the last five years, to apply for this travel grant. This is an opportunity to network with the community of librarians, researchers, exhibitors, and ACS staff at this national conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to network and learn more about the exciting field of academic librarianship.
Learn more about the ACS National Meeting from our previous Travel Grant recipients:
- Michelle Bass, Stanford University.
- Ian Gordon, Brock University.
- Ian McCullough, University of Akron.
- Kortney Rupp, University of California, Berkeley.
Applications are now being accepted. Please see below for application requirements and submission instructions.
Amount: Up to $2500 for travel expenses + registration to the conference
Number of Awards: Up to two available per meeting
- Full-time librarian, or full-time library school student at an ALA-accredited institution
- Never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, and be able to attend the entire conference (August 20-24)
Expectations of Awardee:
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information Welcoming Reception and Poster Session (Sunday)
- Meet with ACS Publications staff during National Meeting
- Serve on the Award Committee for the next National Meeting travel grant
- Write an article for ACS Axial (axial.acs.org) after the meeting on their first time experience, advice, and takeaways from the meeting
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is NOT required.
- Previous Travel Grant Recipients and ACS Publications staff
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF to Michael Qiu, M_Qiu@acs.org:
- CV or Resume
- Short essay (no more than 750 words) on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career and what you hope to get out of attending the conference
- Professional References (Optional)
Applications are due Friday, June 23, 2017 at 5 PM Eastern Time. Applicants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours. Award recipients will be contacted no later than Wednesday, July 5.
Questions? Please contact Michael Qiu, Library Relations Manager, M_Qiu@acs.org.