The 2016 Journal Citation Reports® are in – and once again ACS journals have the highest Impact Factor and/or the most citations in 14 scientific categories, including six core chemistry categories.
The 2016 Journal Citation Reports® found:
- ACS journals have a portfolio median of 4.849 in 2016, up from 4.803 the year before.
- More than 60% of ACS journals posted an Impact Factor of 4 or higher.
- ACS Journals were cited more than 2.9 million times in 2016, a 6% increase from 2015.
- 86% of ACS journals ranked in the top 20% for their respective categories.
The 2016 Journal Citation Reports® from Clarivate Analytics found many ACS journals recorded their highest Impact Factor ever. The Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS) recorded an impact factor of 13.858, after being cited more than 500,000 times in 2016, making it the most cited journal in chemistry. Chemical Reviews also achieved its highest ever Impact Factor at 47.928 and again ranks first in the Multidisciplinary Chemistry category, as well as the fourth highest Impact Factor out of about 12,000 journals covered by the 2016 JCR. ACS Central Science, the Society’s first fully open access journal, achieved a notable inaugural Impact Factor of 7.939, a partial value since the journal began publication in mid-2015.
Four ACS journals in the materials science portfolio received their highest-ever impact ratings this year. ACS Nano achieved an Impact Factor of 13.942, Chemistry of Materials an Impact Factor of 9.466, and ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces a 7.504. ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering debuted with an inaugural Impact Factor of 3.234, reflecting the strength of ACS in the field of materials science that involves applications from a number of scientific disciplines.
Other journals that achieved their highest-ever Impact Factors in 2016 include:
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (7.504)
- ACS Catalysis (10.614)
- ACS Macro Letters (6.185)
- ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters (3.746)
- ACS Nano (13.942)
- ACS Photonics (6.756)
- ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering (5.951)
- Analytical Chemistry (6.320)
- Chemical Reviews (47.928)
- Chemistry of Materials (9.466)
- Energy & Fuels (3.091)
- Environmental Science & Technology (6.198)
- Environmental Science & Technology Letters (5.308)
- Inorganic Chemistry (4.857)
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (3.154)
- Journal of Medicinal Chemistry (6.259)
- The Journal of Organic Chemistry (4.849)
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (9.353)
- Journal of the American Chemical Society (13.858)