ACS Publications lowered the ACS Omega article publishing charge (APC) for 2018 to $750. This revised price makes it more affordable for authors to publish their research in a high-quality, multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal from the publishers of Journal of the American Chemical Society and more than 50 other respected academic journals.
What ACS Omega Authors Get
ACS Omega is a fully open-access journal, offering a CC-BY license option—which meets the most stringent funder requirements—and you can save when you publish with the journal for only $750. The APC covers your choice of open-access license: ACS AuthorChoice or Creative Commons (CC-BY or CC-BY-NC-ND).
When you publish with ACS Omega, you get:
- Global exposure. ACS Omega’s editors, authors, and readers span the globe creating a diverse international community of scientists sharing and discussing the newest research findings.
- Active researchers as editors. ACS Omega’s editorial review comes from a team of respected active researchers who represent the broad range of chemistry and related fields.
- High-quality peer review. ACS Omega follows the same thorough peer-review process as all ACS Publications journals—a process honed over the course of more than a century of scientific publishing.
- Rapid processing. ACS Omega’s editorial team has processes in place to get articles through the peer-review process fast so they make fast decisions and publish your article quickly.
ACS Membership Included
Corresponding authors who publish open access with ACS Omega in 2018 and aren’t current members also receive with their $750 APC a one-year membership in the American Chemical Society and join the world’s largest society of chemistry professionals.
ACS members receive a long list of benefits, including:
- Meeting registration discounts. ACS Members receive significant discounts on the registration fees for ACS’s Spring and Fall National Meetings and dozens of ACS Regional Meetings held across the U.S. around the world each year.
- A C&EN subscription. ACS Members get a free subscription to Chemical & Engineering News and the C&EN Archives. C&EN has editors and reporters around the world covering news related to science and technology, business and industry, government and policy, education, and employment aspects of the chemistry field.
- Complimentary SciFinder® use. ACS Members get 25 complimentary SciFinder® activities for personal use per membership term. SciFinder® is a research-discovery solution that brings together the world’s largest, most reliable chemistry and science-related databases under a single interface. You can use it to search for chemical information on substances, reactions, and references from patents, journals, chemical suppliers, web sources, books, conferences, and more.
ACS Omega Country Discounts
If you live in one of the more than 75 countries eligible for an ACS Omega country discount, your price to publish open access in the journal will be lower. For example, authors in India receive a country discount of $500, which makes their APC for ACS Omega just $250.
See if your country is eligible for an ACS Omega country discount.
ACS Author Rewards
ACS Publications introduced ACS Author Rewards in 2014 to give authors the opportunity to experience open-access publishing at no cost. That year, corresponding authors received two (2) ACS Author Rewards credits worth $750 each (a total value of $1,500) for each article they published in an ACS journal. Authors could then use—or allow a colleague to use—their ACS Author Rewards credits to publish open access in any ACS journal through December 31, 2017.
ACS Publications extended the expiration date for ACS Author Rewards credits to December 31, 2018, only for ACS Omega. With the journal’s new APC of $750, that means you can use one ACS Author Rewards credit to publish one article open access in ACS Omega at no charge to you or your funders until the end of the year.
Learn more about ACS Author Rewards, how to find out if you have them, and how to use them to publish open access in ACS Omega in this ACS Axial post.
What Can You Publish in ACS Omega?
ACS Omega has a broad, multidisciplinary scope whose coverage spans the scope of the more than 50 ACS Publications journals and beyond. The journal focuses its editorial decisions on the research itself, not on the perceived evaluation of immediate impact. Both pure and applied sciences are welcome, as are the interfacing areas of science including biochemistry, chemical biology, materials science, nanoscience, pharmacology, geochemistry, industrial chemistry, environmental chemistry, chemical engineering—and more.
ACS Omeg publishes high-quality new findings, studies that demonstrate reproducibility of existing research, large datasets, and noteworthy negative results. If you have questions about whether your work is a good fit for ACS Omega, you can email email@example.com with a pre-publication inquiry.