ACS Publications is happy to announce our First-Time Attendee Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the ACS National Meeting in Philadelphia, PA (August 21-25, 2016).
ACS Publications is encouraging librarians who have never attended an ACS National Meeting to apply for this travel grant. We want the opportunity to help new, or aspiring, chemistry or science librarians to network with the community of librarians, researchers, and ACS staff at this national conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to network and learn more about this exciting field of academic librarianship.
Applications are now being accepted. Please see below for application requirements and submission instructions.
Amount: The grant covers registration to the conference, as well as reimbursement of up to $2,500 in travel expenses.
Number of Awards: Up to two available per meeting.
- Full-time librarian, or full-time library school student at an ALA-accredited institution.
- Never attended an ACS National Meeting.
- Must be able to attend the entire conference.
Expectations of Awardee:
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information Welcoming Reception and Poster Session (Sunday).
- Attend as a guest of ACS Publications at the Kavli Foundation Lecture Reception (Monday).
- Attend a lunch with ACS Publications staff during National Meeting.
- Serve on Award Committee for the next National Meeting travel grant.
- Write an article for ACS Axial after the meeting on their first time experience, advice, and takeaways from the meeting.
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is NOT required.
The award committee is comprised of ACS Publications staff.
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF:
- CV/Resume required; references are optional.
- Short essay, no more than 1000 words, on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career and what you hope to get out of attending the conference.
Send your entry to Michael Qiu, M_Qiu@acs.org, by Friday, July 15, 2016 at 5 PM Eastern Time. Recipients will be contacted no later than Friday, July 22.
Questions? Please contact Michael Qiu, M_Qiu@acs.org.