Earlier this month, a group of editors from a variety of ACS Publications journals were invited to speak at the KAIST International Materials Science and Engineering Workshop 2016 in Daejeon, South Korea. The editors led sessions on topics such as nanostructures for photoelectric and device applications, novel materials for functional applications, and emerging materials for catalyst and energy applications.
The list of ACS Publications editors speaking at the workshop included:
- Paul Weiss, Editor-in-Chief of ACS Nano
- Harry Atwater, Editor-in-Chief of ACS Photonics
- Jillian Buriak, Editor-in-Chief of Chemistry of Materials
- Ali Javey, Associate Editor of ACS Nano
- Reginald Penner, Associate Editor of ACS Nano
- Taeghwan Hyeon, Associate Editor of Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS)
- Julia Greer, Associate Editor of Nano Letters
- Younan Xi, Associate Editor of Nano Letters
ACS Publications would like to thank KAIST and the event’s organizers for putting together this event.
“We had a terrific day-long symposium that brought together scientists and editors from ACS Nano, ACS Photonics, Chemistry of Materials, JACS, and Nano Letters with top scientists and authors, students, and the scientific leadership at KAIST, all initiated by the scientists and engineers at KAIST. We were only limited by the time we had to continue our discussions but look forward to doing so over the next weeks and months,” said Weiss.
View some of the photos ACS editors took during their trip to the KAIST International Materials Science and Engineering Workshop 2016: