ACS Publications is excited to announce our call for applications for the ACS Publications Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the 256th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, to be held in Boston, Massachusetts August 19-23, 2018.
Librarians who have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or who have not attended in the last five years, are encouraged to apply for this grant. This is an opportunity to network with the community of librarians, researchers, exhibitors, and ACS staff at this conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to network and learn more about the field of science librarianship. Recipients will also get one year of ACS membership free.
New for Fall 2018 – International Travel Grants
Two new travel grants are available for librarians residing in the region of Europe, Middle East, or Africa (EMEA), in addition to two travel grants for librarians in North, Central, and South America (The Americas). Please see below for more information.
Learn more about the ACS National Meeting from our Spring 2018 Travel Grant recipients:
Applications are now open. Please see below for requirements and submission instructions.
- The Americas: Recipients will receive up to $2500 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- EMEA: Recipients will receive up to $5000 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- Two recipients per region will be selected
- Applicants must be a full-time librarian or full-time library school student at an accredited institution
- Applicants must have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, and must be available to attend the entire conference
- Awardees are responsible for obtaining the proper U.S. visa, or authorization to attend the ACS National Meeting, if required. Travel grant funds may be used to cover any visa fees. ACS provides information on obtaining a U.S. visa.
- ACS provides no guarantee that a visa will be issued. For international attendees, you may also need to obtain an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before traveling to the United States. Please consult U.S. Customs and Border Protection for more information. If an awardee is unable to obtain a visa or authorization to travel, the travel grant may be awarded to another recipient.
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information Welcoming Reception and ACS Division of Chemical Information Luncheon
- Meet with ACS Publications staff during the conference at various sessions, presentations, receptions, and other engagements
- Serve on the 2019 Award Committee for the next travel grant selection process
- Write an article for ACS Axial after the meeting on their first time experience, advice, and takeaways from the meeting
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is not required
- Previous Travel Grant Recipients, CINF Executive Committee members, and ACS Publications staff
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF:
- CV/Resume required; references are optional
- A short essay, no more than 750 words, on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career and what you hope to get out of attending the conference
Applications should be sent to Michael Qiu, M_Qiu@acs.org, by Friday, June 22, 2018, at 5 PM Eastern Time. Applicants will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours. Award recipients will be contacted no later than Monday, June 25. Full terms and conditions are available.
Questions? Please contact Michael Qiu, Library Relations Manager, M_Qiu@acs.org.