In order to improve the research experience for our global community and to better serve the needs of our users, we have updated the ACS Publications website with significant enhancements.
This update introduces substantial enhancements to our digital publishing platform, with improved features and functionality for our global community of readers and contributors. Featuring a brand new design, the new site improves their article research experience with a simplified, modern interface.
Key features include:
- Simplified navigation: All new journal homepages feature simplified navigation to latest research articles, past issues, and journal information.
- Enhanced browsing: Preview the graphical and written abstracts of articles on table of contents and article collection pages.
- Prominent article metrics: All new article pages showcase key article metrics and improved navigation to figures, supporting information, and references.
- Mobile friendly design: Easily browse content from your tablet or smartphone, with the ability to pair your devices for off-campus access.
Watch this video to learn more about the new site:
Here’s some early feedback that we received from users, like you:
“This is wonderful! I love it! This will improve a lot for me.”
“It’s very clear. When I see a paper, all the information that I want to see is at first glance.”
“I love seeing the article metrics so clearly displayed like article views, citations, and Altmetric Attention Scores, it’s brilliant!”
Here’s what else you need to know:
- With this reintroduction, we have phased out the ACS2Go mobile platform. However, the new site is fully optimized for your tablets and smartphones. In addition, you can pair your laptops and mobile devices while on an authenticated institutional wi-fi network that will enable you to access content while offsite for up to a 4-month period.
- You will continue to login to your ACS ID and ACS Paragon Plus accounts with your existing details on the existing website.
- All of your saved searches and articles are available in your profile after you login to ACS Publications with your ACS ID.
- The article metrics that are displayed on each article (citations, article views, and Altmetric Attention Scores) includes data from before the reintroduction on May 22, 2019.
- All article links, journal homepage links, or other resource links, including the ACS Publishing Center and ACS InfoCentral, have remained the same since the reintroduction. This includes the ACS Articles on Request Link that you can share with colleagues to access your published article.
- No action needs to be taken by authors, researchers, or librarians after May 22. All usage data and article metrics has carried over.
- For librarians: No changes have been made to ACS InfoCentral or to institutional reporting capabilities.