Looking to advance your career and grow your professional network? ACS Publications is excited to announce that applications are open for our Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the Spring 2020 ACS Meeting and Exposition, to be held in Philadelphia, March 22–26, 2020.
We encourage all librarians who have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, to apply for this grant. This is an opportunity to connect with the global community of librarians, researchers, exhibitors, and ACS staff who attend this conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to gain valuable experience and learn more about the field of science librarianship. Recipients will also receive one year of ACS membership compliments of ACS Publications.
Learn more about the librarian experience at ACS National Meetings from our Fall 2019 Travel Grant recipients:
- Stephen Alayon, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC)
- Alexa Carter, North Carolina State University
- Jessica Hanley, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Nevena Tomic, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- The Americas: Recipients will receive up to $2,500 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa): Recipients will receive up to $5,000 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- Asia-Pacific: Recipients will receive up to $7,000 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- Four travel grants are available: two grants for the Americas, one grant for EMEA, and one grant for Asia-Pacific
- Applicants must be a full-time librarian, or full-time library school student at an accredited, or country-equivalent institution
- Applicants must have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, and must be available to attend the entire conference
- Awardees are responsible for obtaining the proper US Visa, or authorization to attend the ACS National Meeting, if required. Travel grant funds may be used to cover any Visa fees. ACS provides information on obtaining on U.S. Visa. ACS provides no guarantee that a Visa will be issued. For international attendees, you may also need to obtain an ESTA before traveling to the United States. Please consult U.S. Customs and Border Protection for more information. If an awardee is unable to obtain a Visa or authorization to travel, the travel grant may be awarded to another recipient.
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information (CINF) Welcoming Reception.
- Meet with ACS Publications staff during the conference at various sessions, presentations, receptions, and other engagements.
- Serve on the Award Committee for the next travel grant selection process.
- Write an article for ACS Axial after the meeting on their first time experience, advice, and takeaways from the meeting.
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is not required
- Previous Travel Grant Recipients, CINF Executive Committee members, and ACS Publications staff
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF:
- CV or Resume
- Short essay (750 words maximum) on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career and what you hope to get out of attending the conference
Applications should be sent to Andrew Clinton, A_Clinton@acs.org, by Friday, January 31, 2020, at 5 P.M. Eastern Time. Applicants will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours. Award recipients will be contacted no later than Friday, February 14, 2020. The full terms and conditions are available here.