In response to the termination of the ACS Spring 2020 National Meeting & Expo, ACS launched SciMeetings – a platform for showcasing scientific presentations and posters, created in partnership with the proven technology of Morressier. Authors of presentations and posters scheduled for the ACS Spring 2020 National Meeting have been uploading their conference material since March 19. They can continue to do so at no cost through April 30.
More than 1,000 posters and presentations have now been uploaded to SciMeetings, and so #ACSSciMeet will allow users to share their research in an online week-long social media event held on Twitter and Instagram. The aim: to enable presenters to share their posters and presentations (via the provided Morressier DOI link), network, and engage in meaningful discussions with the scientific research community.
Join the 2020 #ACSSciMeet social media event!
1) Submit your poster to SciMeetings before COB April 27, 2020.
- Click here for frequently asked questions and a how-to document if you have concerns about uploading.
2) Make sure your social media accounts are set to public view and are ready to share your work.
3) During the social media event beginning, 9:00 A.M. EDT April 28, 2020, you should:
- Share your Morressier or DOI link to your SciMeetings research on Twitter.
- Include details about your work, tag @AmerChemSociety, your co-authors and remember to use the hashtag #ACSSciMeet
Pitch your poster on Instagram:
- Record a 1-minute poster pitch using a customized Zoom background, featuring your poster, and share it on Instagram. (Zoom backgrounds will be distributed to presenters via email)
- Tag @AmerChemSociety and #ACSSciMeet, and we’ll share to our story
4) Discuss and engage.
- Make sure to answer questions from the community and comment on other #ACSSciMeet posters throughout the day
Participants in #ACSSciMeet will be eligible to win a $100 VISA gift certificate sponsored by SciMeetings and ACS on Campus. The 25 winners will be selected at random and will be notified via email.