The National Science Library Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS) jointly organized a JACS Cover Story Exhibition that launched in March 2021.
The JACS Cover Story Exhibition – held in conjunction with the JACS Innovation Summit Series – will comprise 40 selected covers from published issues of the journal over the past five years. JACS covers are a combination of science and art. Through their stories, we can learn the innovative ideas behind the scientific research featured. The exhibition explores the innovative stories behind the cover papers, which disseminate academic achievements and promote academic innovation.
JACS, founded in 1879, is the flagship journal of the American Chemical Society and the world’s preeminent journal in all of chemistry and interfacing areas of science.
“Chemistry continues to redefine and revolutionize itself, maintaining its relevance as the central science. It is an exciting era: reaction discovery, analytical and physical techniques, as well as theoretical approaches can now be combined with advances in innovative technologies and engineering to enable unparalleled expansion of what is possible in the vastness of chemical space,” said JACS Editor-in-Chief Erick M. Carreira in an editorial.
Researchers from the Chinese Academy of Sciences share what innovation means to them:
- “The greatest innovation is putting constant thinking into action.” — Guibin Jiang, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- “Your curiosity and persistence will drive you to the new and important findings.” — Jinhu Dong and Qiang Fu, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- “Develop new techniques to obtain new insights.” — Liwei Chen and Qi Chen, Suzhou Institute of Nano-Tech and Nano-Bionics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- “Create something from nothing, and make excellence from something.” — Kongzhao Su, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- “Innovation is the soul of scientific exploration, derived from wisdom and achieved in practice.” — Xiaozhang Zhu, Institute of Chemistry Chinese Academy of Sciences