For five years Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research has been recognizing and publishing the contributions of early-career investigators from around the world through its annual Class of Influential Researchers. In 2022, these awards will focus on researchers in the regions of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, with future years focusing on other parts of the world. We invite nominations (including self-nominations) of researchers in Europe, Africa, the Middle East within the first ten (10) years of their independent career, who are doing exceptional research within chemical engineering and applied chemistry.
Nomination Deadline: February 1, 2022
- Researchers based at affiliated institutions located in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa and within the first ten (10) years of their independent career (2012-, independence defined as after postdoc appointments or last educational training)
- This award must be based on research done during the nominee’s independent career, and cannot be based on research completed as part of their graduate education or post-doctoral training.
- Nominees must not have been recognized in previous Classes of Influential Researchers (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017)
- We encourage nominations of researchers from government, industrial, and university labs.
- Completed nomination form detailing name, position, institution, country, preferred topical section, year candidate’s independent career began, etc.
- A brief statement (3,500 characters or about 500 words maximum) describing research contributions made during the nominee’s independent career
- List of up to 5 contributions to research (publications, patents, reports, etc.) during their independent career, each with a 50-word maximum description of significance or impact. (Do not upload the actual articles – just the 50-word statements)
- Website URL to professional website, CV, Google Scholar profile, or LinkedIn (Note: If no link available, insert “n/a” and email a short CV – two pages maximum – to email@example.com)
Apply By Filling Out the Form Below or By Clicking Here
We anticipate selecting up to five (5) award recipients within each of the eight (8) topical sections covered by I&EC Research. These areas are:
- Applied Chemistry
- Bioengineering (broadly defined)
- Kinetics, Catalysis, and Reaction Engineering
- Materials and Interfaces
- Process Systems Engineering
- Thermodynamics, Transport, and Fluid Mechanics
- General Research
Each 2022 winner will be invited to submit an article to I&EC Research by June 1, 2022, along with their photograph and bio sketch. If their article is accepted, each winner will receive an award plaque and be publicized by ACS Publications as a member of the 2022 Class of Influential Researchers. These articles will be collected in a virtual special issue of I&EC Research highlighting the researchers and their work.
The selection committee will include I&EC Research editors and editorial advisory board members.