Environmental pollution and the energy crisis have created an urgent demand to develop high-efficiency, cost-effective and sustainable technologies for water purification.
By integrating the advantages of electrochemistry and membrane separation, the electrified membrane has risen as a new-generation technology, as reflected by a rapid growth in the number of peer-reviewed publications in the last five years. There have been significant advances in the design of various electroactive materials, functionalization strategies, and reactor configurations. Both an understanding of the working mechanism and environmental applications are of essential importance to accelerate research and development, to explain the fundamental mechanisms and to address the practical challenges regarding widespread industrial applications.
This new Special Issue from ACS ES&T Engineering is seeking original and high-quality research and review articles that explore the remediation of environmental hazardous materials using electrified membranes. Both fundamental and applied research papers covering multidisciplinary topics will be considered.
The scope of the Special Issue includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Electrified membranes for the decontamination of heavy metal ions.
- Electrified membranes for the inactivation of waterborne pathogens.
- Electrified membranes for water and wastewater treatment.
- Full-scale engineering applications of electrified membranes for water treatment.
- Nanotechnology strengthened electrified membranes for water purification.
- Electrified membranes for the treatment of emerging contaminants.
- Advanced electroactive materials and functionalization strategies for water treatment.
- Yanbiao Liu, Donghua University, China
- Zhiwei Wang, Tongji University, China
- Xing Xie, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States
- Shijie You, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Jaehong Kim, Yale University, United States
To submit your manuscript, please visit the ACS ES&T Engineering website. Please follow the normal procedures for manuscript submission and when in the ACS Paragon Plus submission site, select the Special Issue of “Electrified Membranes for Environmental Applications.” All manuscripts will undergo rigorous peer review. For additional submission instructions, please see the ACS ES&T Engineering Author Guidelines.
The deadline for submissions is May 2, 2023.