This Special Issue will highlight the development of drugs against human and animal vector-borne parasitic disease (VBPD) using innovative delivery technologies with minimal environmental risks. Submit your manuscript by March 1, 2023.
ACS Infectious Diseases is opening submissions for a Virtual Special Issue on One Health and Vector-Borne Parasitic Diseases. This Special Issue will focus on the importance of the One Health concept in drug discovery, highlighting the need for a multidisciplinary approach to develop drugs that are not only safe and effective but also present a low-impact ecotoxicology profile. Vector-borne parasitic diseases (VBPD) are a significant component of the One Health framework, as they affect both human and animal populations and influence the environment.
We invite submissions of Articles, Letters, Reviews, Viewpoints, and Perspectives on research in the fields of human and veterinary drug discovery, parasitology, pharmacology, omics, and health science. Recognizing the updated approach of research that can be included in the theme “One Health and Vector Borne Parasitic Diseases,” we are proceeding with a wide scope of interest. To learn more about the topic and what we are looking for in this Special Issue, read our recently published Editorial.
Relevant Topics of Interest
- Synthesis and/or biological activity of antimicrobial agents
- Pharmacological studies
- Development of drug delivery and targeting systems
- Development of biodegradable nanotechnology approaches
- Assessment, reduction, and prevention of the environmental drug impact
Félix Calderón, Associate Editor, ACS Infectious Diseases
Paola Costi, Guest Editor
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Anabela Cordeiro-da-Silva, Guest Editor
University of Porto, Portugal
- Log in to the ACS Paragon Plus submission site and choose ACS Infectious Diseases.
- Select your manuscript type, and, under "Special Issue Selection," choose "One Health and Vector Borne Parasitic Diseases."
Please see ACS Infectious Diseases Author Guidelines for more information on submission requirements. The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2023.