On March 6-8, 2023, ACS Publications hosted the ACS Publications Symposium: Biological and Medicinal Chemistry in Bonn, Germany. ACS partnered with the University of Bonn to host the first in-person symposium since the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2.5-day event brought together top researchers around the globe to communicate harnessing informatics, deciphering diseases, innovating treatments, exploring evolution, and more.
During the event, 20 speakers, including 10 ACS editors from seven countries, presented their findings across five plenary sessions. More than 50 attendees presented their research during poster sessions and networked with speakers and ACS editors throughout the event.
The symposium’s Scientific Organizing Committee included:
- Professor Christa Müller, Editor-in-Chief ACS Pharmacology & Translational Science, University of Bonn
- Catherine Goodman, Associate Publisher, ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering, ACS Synthetic Biology, Biochemistry, Biomacromolecules, Journal of Proteome Research, ACS Publications
- Christina MacLaughlin, Managing Editor, ACS Chemical Biology, ACS Chemical Neuroscience, Bioconjugate Chemistry, Journal of Natural Products, ACS Publications
- John Sanders, Assistant Managing Editor, Molecular Pharmaceutics, ACS Publications
- Julio Serrano, Managing Editor, Chemical Research in Toxicology, ACS Publications
- Millie Newman, Managing Editor, ACS Bio & Med Chem Au, ACS Publications
Check out photo highlights from the Bonn Symposium below and view the full photo gallery here.
Participating journals included:
ACS Bio & Med Chem Au | ACS Chemical Biology | ACS Chemical Neuroscience | ACS Infectious Diseases | ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters | ACS Pharmacology & Translational Science | ACS Synthetic Biology | Biochemistry | Bioconjugate Chemistry | Chemical Research in Toxicology | Journal of Medicinal Chemistry | Journal of Natural Products | Journal of Proteome Research | Molecular Pharmaceutics