This Virtual Special Issue will showcase significant advances in the development of catalytic systems for a sustainable society. Submit your manuscript by October 31, 2024.
As we face environmental challenges and resource constraints, sustainable development has become an urgent priority. Catalysis is crucial in enabling cleaner and more efficient chemical processes, reducing energy consumption, waste generation, and the overall environmental footprint of various industrial processes.
This Virtual Special Issue from Chem & Bio Engineering aims to collect articles, letters, reviews, perspectives, viewpoints, and commentaries that explore the important role of catalysis in advancing sustainable practices. By doing so, we hope to deepen our understanding of the challenges and opportunities of sustainable catalysis, inspire collaboration, and catalyze innovations that will contribute to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future.
The scope of this Virtual Special Issue covers a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Development of catalysts or catalytic systems with a focus on sustainability, efficiency, and minimal environmental impact.
- Catalysis utilizing renewable feedstocks as starting materials.
- Catalytic materials or processes for the production, conversion, and storage of sustainable and clean energy.
- Catalysis for waste recycling or valorization.
- Analytical or computational approaches to understand the mechanism of catalytic transformations.
- Life cycle assessment of catalytic process.
Submissions are welcome through October 31, 2024. All articles will be peer reviewed prior to acceptance to ensure they fit the scope of the Virtual Special Issue and meet the high scientific publishing standards of Chem & Bio Engineering. Peer review will be handled by the Editor of the journal. If accepted, publications will go online as soon as possible and be published in the next available issue. Publications on this topic will be gathered into a Virtual Issue and widely promoted as significant contributions to this research area. Chem & Bio Engineering is a fully open access journal; thus, your paper will be available to anyone, at anytime, anywhere in the world.
How to Submit
- Log in to the ACS Paragon Plus submission site.
- Choose Chem & Bio Engineering as your journal.
- Select your manuscript type.
- Under “Special Issue Selection,” choose “Sustainable Catalysis.”
Please see our Author Guidelines for more information on submission requirements.