ACS ES&T Water is ACS Publications’ new international multidisciplinary journal dedicated to all water-related research and policy. Today the journal announced that Professor Shane Snyder of Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University would serve as the new journal’s first-ever Editor-in-Chief. Together with ACS ES&T Engineering, it represents an expansion of the popular Environmental Science & Technology family of journals. ACS ES&T Water will […]
Snyder is a professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, as well as NTU’s executive director of the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute. Before he arrived at NTU, he served as a Professor of Chemical & Environmental Engineering and the co-Director of the Water & Energy Sustainable Technology (WEST) Center at the University of Arizona, where he maintains his affiliation with its College of Engineering.
Snyder is a Fellow of the International Water Association and a member of the World Health Organization’s Drinking Water Advisory Panel. He is the author of more than 200 scholarly articles and book chapters, focusing on identifying emerging water pollutants and their health effects, as well as their analysis, treatment, and toxicology.
The journal’s broad focus on all water-related issues includes such topics as:
- Water quality and the transformation, transport, and behavior of anthropogenic and geogenic physical, chemical, and biological contaminants in aqueous environments (groundwater, surface water, snow/ice, precipitation, and marine water).
- Water treatment, including biological, physicochemical, separation, and natural processes.
- Water management, reuse, and sustainable supply.
- Marine, estuarine and freshwater biogeochemistry.
- Direct and indirect impacts of climate change and/or sea-level rise.
- Remediation and restoration of natural aquatic systems.
- Innovative technologies for water quality monitoring and spatial vulnerability assessments.
- Modelling groundwater, surface water, and marine flow and contaminant behavior, transport, and fate.
- Impact of new technologies on water quality remediation and protection from point and non-point sources.
- Spatial data on global and local water supply and water quality monitoring data trends.
- Water quality impacts to public and environmental health, including pathogen, chemical, and physical stressors.
- Risk assessment, regulatory frameworks, life-cycle assessments, economic impact calculations, and social science implications.
Learn More About ACS ES&T Water