This new Special Issue from Environmental Science & Technology, “The Exposome and Human Health,” strives to capture the diversity and range of life-long exposures to a wide range of external factors (e.g., chemicals, diet, psychosocial stressors or physical factors), and their internal biological responses. The theme, Exposome, is defined as the “totality of environmental exposures from conception onwards.”
The Special Issue is seeking high-quality research articles on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Novel and innovative approaches for human biomonitoring and human exposome for a broad range of chemicals, including persistent organic pollutants, emerging contaminants (e.g., EDCs, PFAS) and microplastics.
- Exposure assessment and epidemiology of indoor and outdoor air quality, diet, drinking water.
- Environmental exposures and multi-omics.
- Novel and innovative study design (e.g., natural experiment design), to establish causality of the relationship between environmental exposures and human health across the life course.
- Modelling and impact of chemicals of emerging concern on human exposure and human exposome in general.
- Innovative studies focused on the link between ecosystem health and human health and their input on chemicals policy and regulation.
- Application of interdisciplinary research (omics/system biology, environmental epidemiology, toxicology) to better understand adverse health outcomes and their environmental origins.
- Pablo Gago Ferrero, Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research, Spain
- Akhgar Ghassabian, NYU Langone Health, United States
- Marja Lamoree, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Leisa-Maree Toms, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia
- June 20, 2023
To submit your manuscript, please visit the Environmental Science & Technology website. Please follow the normal procedures for manuscript submission and when in the ACS Paragon Plus submission site, select the Special Issue “The Exposome and Human Health.” All manuscripts will undergo rigorous peer review. For additional submission instructions, please see the Environmental Science & Technology Author Guidelines.
Submit your manuscript by June 20, 2023.