We are now accepting nominations of candidates for the 2024 Energy and Fuels Rising Stars. Submit your nomination by November 3, 2023.
For three years since 2021, Energy & Fuels has recognized early- and mid-career researchers (EMCRs) through our annual recognition of the Energy and Fuels Rising Stars. A Virtual Special Issue is published each year to highlight those EMCRs who have made significant contributions to their respective fields of energy research.
We're now accepting nominations of EMCRs within their independent research careers and 12 years or less after receiving their Ph.D. degrees who are doing exceptional work within energy and fuel research. Each selected candidate, as chosen by our selection committee, will then be invited to submit a manuscript (either a review, mini-review, original article or a communication) to Energy & Fuels due by May 15, 2024. If the manuscript is accepted, the candidate will receive a certificate and be publicized by ACS Publications as a member of the 2024 Energy and Fuels Rising Stars.
The deadline for nominations is November 3, 2023.
- Researchers with 12 years or less after the award of their Ph.D. degrees (i.e., Ph.D. degrees awarded on or after January 1, 2012) and in their independent career (independence defined as after postdoc appointments or last educational training).
- This award must be based on research done during the nominee’s independent career and cannot be based on research completed as part of their graduate education or post-doctoral training.
- Nominees must not have already been one of previous years’ Energy and Fuels Rising Stars (2023, 2022, 2021).
- We encourage nominations of researchers from industrial, government, and university labs.
- Completed nomination form detailing name, position, institution, country, preferred topical section, year candidate’s independent career began, etc.
- A brief statement (2,100 characters or about 300 words maximum) describing research contributions made during the nominee’s independent career
- List of up to 3 contributions to research (publications, patents, reports, etc.) during their independent career, each with a 50-word maximum description of significance or impact. (Do not upload the actual articles - just citable information of the publications, DOIs and the 50-word statements)
- Website URL to professional website, Google Scholar profile, and/or Scopus, if available. (Note: If no link available, insert “n/a”)
We anticipate selecting up to forty (40) candidates for 2024 Energy and Fuels Rising Stars within the following twelve (12) key topical areas covered by Energy & Fuels:
- Traditional Fossil Fuels
- Unconventional Energy Resources
- Bioenergy, Biofuels, and Biorefinery
- Environmental and Carbon Dioxide Issues
- Efficiency and Sustainability
- Catalysis and Kinetics
- Solar Energy, Solar Fuels, and Conversion of Light
- Fuel Cells
- Batteries and Energy Storage
- Non-Carbon-Based Fuels
- Process Engineering
Self-nomination is acceptable. The selection committee will include Energy & Fuels Editors and Editorial Advisory Board members.