ACS Materials Au will publish a virtual special issue to showcase the range and depth of new materials and devices, and their many applications.
Recent advances in bioengineering have enabled innovative solutions that have the possibility to revolutionize health care. Personalized medical therapies, ultrasensitive biosensors, and biofabricated tissues are tantalizingly close.
ACS Materials Au will publish a virtual special issue to showcase the range and depth of new materials and devices, and their many applications. We invite Articles, Letters, Reviews, or Perspectives on all topics relating to biomaterials and bioengineering, including (but not limited to):
- Natural, synthetic, hybrid, and bioinspired materials
- Properties and applications of materials in biology, medicine, agriculture, and veterinary science
- Novel devices, delivery systems, diagnostics, and their applications
- Needs, challenges, and opportunities for the biomaterials and bioengineering communities
- Maryam Badv, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Calgary, Canada
- Ali Khademhosseini, Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation, USA
- Paul S. Weiss, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
How to submit
To submit for this special issue, log in to the ACS Paragon Plus submission site, and choose ACS Materials Au as your journal. Select your manuscript type, and, under the ‘Special Issue Selection,’ choose ‘Innovations in Bioengineering.’
All articles will be peer reviewed prior to acceptance to ensure they fit the scope of the virtual special issue and meet the high scientific publishing standards of ACS Materials Au. Accepted papers will go online as soon as possible after acceptance and be published in the next available issue. In Spring 2023, the publications on this topic will be gathered into a virtual special issue on a dedicated webpage and be promoted as a collection.
Please see our Author Guidelines for more information on submission requirements. The deadline for submissions is 31 December 2022.