This cross-journal Virtual Special Issue aims to showcase the latest research on natural products driven medicinal chemistry. Submit your manuscript by April 30, 2024.
Natural products (NPs) have always served as important starting points in discovering drugs for various therapeutic interventions. More than 60% of FDA-approved drugs in the field of oncology, infectious diseases, and central nervous system (CNS) diseases contain a NP pharmacophore. In recent years, several NPs and NP-based leads have emerged as anti-infectives and anticancer drugs, and this trend continues with the recent discovery of several new NP-based preclinical leads. Looking at past indicators of NP contributions to drug discovery, there are undoubtedly many more unique and potent biologically active NPs waiting to be discovered.
With new advancements in synthetic chemistry tools, novel methodologies, deeper understanding of disease biology, and molecular target information; now is the time to refocus research on NP scaffolds to discover new potential leads. To showcase the latest research in this exciting field, we are launching a cross-journal thematic Virtual Special Issue in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, ACS Bio & Med Chem Au, Journal of Natural Products, ACS Chemical Neuroscience, and ACS Chemical Biology.
We welcome submissions on topics including the following, but not limited to:
- Manuscripts comprising either a NP or a NP scaffold as a starting point/motivation for medicinal chemistry.
- Virtual screening of NP libraries combined with a detailed investigation of the hits in biochemical/cellular, ADME and animal models.
- Isolation of unique classes of NPs with promising biological activity, which are investigated in detail in biochemical/cellular, ADME and animal models.
- Contemporary Perspectives and Reviews focused on NPs or NP scaffolds and discussing medicinal chemistry aspects.
The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2024.
Sandip B. Bharate, Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, India
Craig W. Lindsley, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, United States
How to Submit
- Log in to the ACS Paragon Plus submission site and choose any of the following journals: Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, ACS Bio & Med Chem Au, Journal of Natural Products, ACS Chemical Neuroscience, or ACS Chemical Biology.
- Select your manuscript type, and, under "Special Issue Selection," choose "Natural Products Driven Medicinal Chemistry."
Please note that ACS Bio & Med Chem Au is a gold open access journal, which means your work will be immediately freely available for anyone to read in perpetuity. Article Publication Charges (APC) apply for publication in this fully open access journal.
Safety Information in Journal Articles
Including a clear, articulate safety summary statement in your research is vital to ensuring that others who reproduce or expand upon your work can prepare for significant hazards and conduct their own methods as safely as possible. Read more about crafting safety statements in our ACS Axial post series.
Stay Connected with These Journals
Sign up below for email updates on future calls for papers, the latest issues, and other content from all featured journals in this post.