Lean more about the benefits of publishing you biological paper in an ACS Publications journal.
The Editors and staff at ACS Publications, a nonprofit publisher and division of the American Chemical Society, are proud to announce that 13 of the peer-reviewed journals in our biological portfolio are now accepting direct transfers of manuscripts and metadata from bioRxiv.
If you already publish your findings in our journals, we hope this will make that process even easier for you! If you haven’t published in an ACS biological journal recently—or ever—we bet you’ve read one of our articles on PubMed Central or Google Scholar, and hope you’ll read on to learn more.
3 Reasons to Publish Your Biological Paper in an ACS Publications Journal
1. ACS Publications is a nonprofit society publisher and a division of the American Chemical Society.
ACS Publications is an experienced publisher with a focus on serving researchers and the scientific community. We do this by:
- Enlisting practicing researchers from prominent institutions around the world to serve as Editors-in-Chief and other members of our journals’ editorial teams.
- Employing a high-quality peer-review process developed over more than 140 years of publishing respected scholarly journals.
- Expediting manuscript processing to deliver decisions and get papers published as quickly as possible.
2. ACS has more than 60 years of experience publishing high-quality biological journals.
ACS expanded our engagement with the global community of scientific researchers more than a half century ago. Now we have more than a dozen core biological journals as well as more than 20 multidisciplinary journals and those focused on branches of chemistry that also publish articles about biological research.
3. ACS offers authors a variety of publishing options.
- Most ACS journals are Transformative Journals, which offer a choice of publishing under the traditional subscription model or under the newer open access model:
- It’s free to submit and free to publish in an ACS Transformative Journal under the traditional subscription model. That means no author charges, page charges, processing charges or color charges.
- Once an article is accepted for publication in an ACS Transformative Journal, authors who want to make their article open access—or are required to by their funders—can do so by paying an article publishing charge (APC).
- ACS also has 16 fully open access journals, including ACS Bio & Med Chem Au, which serves the biological research community. Publishing in these journals also requires paying an APC after article acceptance.
Get to Know ACS Publications’ Biological Journals
The journals listed below now accept direct transfers of manuscripts and metadata from bioRxiv. Read on to learn more about these journals or visit pubs.acs.org to learn about all the full portfolio of ACS journals.
- In publication since 2021
- Biological and medicinal chemistry covering the chemical, physical, biological, mechanistic, and structural basis of biological function
- Citescore 2022: 2.1
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In publication since 2006
- Reports of research on cellular processes using in vitro, cellular or whole organism studies at the chemical and biological interface
- Impact Factor 2022: 4.0 | Citations 2022: 16,274 | CiteScore 2022: 7.6
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com
- In publication since 2010
- Chemical, quantitative biological, biophysical, and bioengineering research reports on the nervous system and neurological disorders
- Impact Factor 2022: 5.0 | Citations 2022: 12,133 | CiteScore 2022: 9.1
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In publication since 2015
- Highlights the role of chemistry in the multidisciplinary and collaborative field of infectious diseases.
- Impact Factor 2022: 5.3 | Citations 2022: 6,208 | CiteScore 2022: 9.0
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com
- In publication since 2010
- New findings in drug discovery, compound design and optimization, biological evaluation, drug delivery, imaging agents, and pharmacology
- Impact Factor 2022: 4.2 | Citations 2022: 9,620| CiteScore 2022: 7.4
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In publication since 2018
- A biomedical journal reporting advances across the molecular and biological sciences—from basic and preclinical studies to clinical trials
- Impact Factor 2022: 6.0 | Citations 2022: 2,111 | CiteScore 2022: 8.3
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com
- In publication since 2012
- Reports on integrative, molecular approaches to the understanding of the organization and function of cells, tissues, and organisms in systems
- Impact Factor 2022: 4.7 | Citations 2022: 10,199 | CiteScore 2022: 8.2
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In publication since 1962
- Exceptional, rigorous, high-impact interdisciplinary research articles across all of biological chemistry
- Impact Factor 2022: 2.9 | Citations 2022: 65,857 | CiteScore 2022: 5.8
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com
- In publication since 1990
- Research articles on all aspects of bioconjugates, including the preparation, properties and applications of biomolecular conjugates
- Impact Factor 2022: 4.7 | Citations 2022: 17,021 | CiteScore 2022: 10.1
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In publication since 1959
- Findings on the relationship between molecular structure and biological activity or mode of action in drug discovery and development
- Impact Factor 2022: 7.3 | Citations 2022: 89,971 | CiteScore 2022: 12.3
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to email@example.com
- In publication since 1979
- Reports on natural products related to the chemistry or biochemistry of naturally occurring compounds or the biology of their living systems and environments
- Impact Factor 2022: 5.1 | Citations 2022: 32,149 | CiteScore 2022: 8.5
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In publication since 2002
- A multidisciplinary approach to the life sciences through the synergy between the different types of "omics"
- Impact Factor 2022: 4.4 | Citations 2022: 24,586 | Citescore 2022: 9.0
- If you have any questions about this journal please send them to email@example.com
- In publication since 2004
- Findings that contribute to the molecular mechanistic understanding of drug delivery and drug delivery systems
- Impact Factor 2022: 4.9 | Citations 2022: 23,258 | CiteScore 2022: 9.2
- If you have questions about this journal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org