Looking to advance your career and grow your professional network? ACS Publications is excited to announce that applications are open for our Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the Spring 2019 National Meeting & Expo, to be held in Orlando, Florida, March 31-April 4, 2019. We encourage all librarians who have […]
Looking to advance your career and grow your professional network? ACS Publications is excited to announce that applications are open for our Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the Spring 2019 National Meeting & Expo, to be held in Orlando, Florida, March 31-April 4, 2019.
We encourage all librarians who have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, to apply for this grant. This is an opportunity to connect with the global community of librarians, researchers, exhibitors, and ACS staff who attend this conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to gain valuable experience and learn more about the field of science librarianship. Recipients will also receive one year of ACS membership compliments of ACS Publications.
Travel grants are available for librarians from the Americas (North, Central, and South America) and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa).
Learn more about the librarian experience at ACS National Meetings from our Fall 2018 Travel Grant recipients:
- Linda Humphreys, University of Bath (U.K.)
- Kelsey Jordan, Georgia State University
- Alyssa Rozendaal, Indiana University
- Lieselot Verryckt, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- The Americas: Recipients will receive up to $2,500 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- EMEA: Recipients will receive up to $5,000 USD for travel expenses, full registration to the conference, and one year ACS membership
- Two recipients per region will be selected
- Applicants must be a full-time librarian or full-time library school student at an accredited institution
- Applicants must have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, and must be available to attend the entire conference
- Awardees are responsible for obtaining the proper U.S. Visa, or authorization to attend the ACS National Meeting, if required. Travel grant funds may be used to cover any Visa fees. ACS provides information on obtaining on U.S. Visa. ACS provides no guarantee that a Visa will be issued. For international attendees, you may also need to obtain an ESTA before traveling to the United States. Please consult U.S. Customs and Border Protection for more information. If an awardee is unable to obtain a Visa or authorization to travel, the travel grant may be awarded to another recipient.
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information (CINF) Welcoming Reception and ACS CINF Luncheon
- Meet with ACS Publications staff during the conference at various sessions, presentations, receptions, and other engagements
- Serve on the Award Committee for the next travel grant selection process
- Write an article for ACS Axial after the meeting on their first time experience, advice, and takeaways from the meeting
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is not required.
- Previous Travel Grant Recipients, CINF Executive Committee members, and ACS Publications staff
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF:
- CV or Resume
- Short essay (750 words maximum) on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career and what you hope to get out of attending the conference
Applications should be sent to Michael Qiu, M_Qiu@acs.org, by Friday, February 1, 2019, at 5 PM Eastern Time. Applicants will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours. Award recipients will be contacted no later than Monday, February 25, 2019.
Questions? Please contact Michael Qiu, Senior Global Library Relations Manager, M_Qiu@acs.org.