ACS Publications is excited to announce our call for applications for our Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the 255th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, to be held in New Orleans March 18-22, 2018. ACS Publications is encouraging librarians who have never attended ACS National Meeting, or who have not attended […]
ACS Publications is excited to announce our call for applications for our Travel Grant for Librarians and Library School Students to attend the 255th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, to be held in New Orleans March 18-22, 2018.
ACS Publications is encouraging librarians who have never attended ACS National Meeting, or who have not attended in the last five years, to apply for this travel grant. This is an opportunity to network with the community of librarians, researchers, exhibitors, and ACS staff at this national conference. Full-time library school students are also encouraged to apply to network and learn more about this exciting field of academic librarianship. As an additional benefit of the 2018 travel grant, recipients will also receive one free year of ACS membership.
Learn more about the ACS National Meeting from our 2017 Travel Grant recipients:
- Ian McCullough, University of Akron
- Kortney Rupp, University of California, Berkeley
- Theresa Nawalaniec, Cleveland State University
- Heather Lewin, Iowa State University
Applications are now being accepted. Please see below for application requirements and submission instructions.
- Recipients will receive up to $2,500 for travel expenses, as well as full registration to the conference and a one-year ACS membership.
- Two recipients will be selected per meeting.
- Applicants must be a full-time librarian or full-time library school student at an ALA-accredited institution.
- Applicants must have never attended an ACS National Meeting, or have not attended in the last five years, and be able to attend the entire conference.
- Attend the ACS Division of Chemical Information Welcoming Reception and ACS Division of Chemical Information Luncheon
- Meet with ACS Publications staff during the meeting
- Serve on the Award Committee for the next travel grant selection process
- Write an article for ACS Axial after the meeting describing their first-time ACS National Meeting experience, as well as their advice to future attendees, and takeaways from the meeting.
An institutional subscription to ACS Publications is NOT required
Award Committee Members
- Grant winners will be chosen by previous travel grant recipients, CINF Executive Committee members, and ACS Publications staff
To apply for the travel grant, please submit the following in a single PDF:
- CV/Resume required; references are optional
- A short essay (no more than 750 words) on how attending the ACS National Meeting will benefit your education/career, and what you hope to get out of attending the conference
Send materials to Michael Qiu, by Friday, January 26, 2018, at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Applicants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours. Award recipients will be contacted no later than Wednesday, February 7.
Questions? Please contactLibrary Relations Manager Michael Qiu.