Submit your nomination by October 31, 2023.
The Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (JCTC) is the leading journal in chemical theory and computation, publishing state-of-the-art articles in theory and computation, ranging from electronic structure theory and classical simulation to new theories on quantum computers and their applications. JCTC’s editorial board is composed of distinguished researchers from around the world.
JCTC is seeking nominations for the journal's inaugural Early Career Board (ECB). The members of the ECB will play a crucial role in shaping the growth and evolution of the journal, building upon the success of the journal to date. ECB members will provide input on the journal’s strategies, tactics, and outreach efforts and act as ambassadors to drive the journal's scope into new and emerging areas and ensure the journal is the home for world-class computational chemists and theorists.
We look forward to welcoming emerging scholars as ECB members of JCTC. The initial term will be two years. The ECB members will meet periodically with the JCTC’s editorial team and participate in the annual EAB meetings. The selected ECB members will be invited to join the Board immediately after selection in January 2024 and will serve through the end of 2025.
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2023.
- Doctoral degree awarded within seven years or fewer.
- Author/Co-author of at least one JCTC publication after the doctoral degree.
- We welcome nominations from postdoctoral scholars and early-career faculty. Candidates should be active research scientists employed by an academic, industrial, national laboratory or a research institution.
Application Information and Requirements
- Both self-nominations and nominations by a mentor are welcome. We encourage a statement of nomination from a senior faculty/established researcher describing why the nominee would be an excellent candidate for the ECB of JCTC.
- A separate mission statement from the nominee on how early career members can contribute to the growth and evolution of the journal (less than 300 words).
- The URL to your/nominee’s JCTC publication/s
Please submit the nomination application no later than October 31, 2023.