You may have heard that ACS Publications will be the new publisher of the Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry in January 2020. In this post, I’ll explain what this means for you; whether you are an author, reader or member of either ACS or ASMS. Important Dates: Submission Site: September 16, 2019 […]
You may have heard that ACS Publications will be the new publisher of the Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry in January 2020. In this post, I’ll explain what this means for you; whether you are an author, reader or member of either ACS or ASMS.
- Submission Site: September 16, 2019
- First ASAPs Published Online: October/November 2019
- First Issue (Volume 31, Issue 1): January 2, 2020
Authors & Reviewers
The move to ACS Publications will offer a variety of benefits to authors and reviewers of the Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry.
- ACS Direct Correct (implemented in 2017): This tool gives authors more control and improves accuracy, often with publication in as little as 24 hours after corrections are returned. PPT
- ACS Authoring Services: Connect with our language editors, scientific illustrators, and translators to help you showcase your science at its best. When your ideas are written clearly, you can improve the impact and distribution of your work.
- No publication or color charges to authors for standard publication
- Author Support: Exceptional production team provides authors with unparalleled support including knowledgeable customer service, technical editing by degreed scientists, graphics preparation, proof corrections, and accurate metadata tagging.
- Rapid Publication Time
- Same commitment to rapid manuscript review as all journals published by ACS.
- Proprietary automated composition makes publication easier
- Marketing & Promotions:
- Journal backed by a top-notch marketing team experienced with similar journals
- Authors get promotion and more exposure via social media, email campaigns to targeted lists, blog posts, etc.
All JASMS articles will be migrated to the new journal site. Since ACS Publications indexes and abstracts in all major databases, authors may find that their published work receives increased usage and citations.
Authors submitting their work to JASMS will experience ease in the transfer process.The Publisher has implemented an easy-to-use mechanism allowing authors to directly transfer submissions from relevant ACS publications to JASMS, and from JASMS to other ACS publications.
ACS Publications makes it easy to search and find articles that you need with its award-winning web and mobile platforms. Continuous improvements, including the all-new web experience (that was implemented this past January) keep the search functionality and navigation modern and user-friendly.