It can sometimes be a daunting task trying to keep up with all the research developments in your field and its closely related disciplines. If your field falls at the interface of chemistry and biology — biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology pathology, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, neuroscience, or another related area — the American Chemical Society […]
It can sometimes be a daunting task trying to keep up with all the research developments in your field and its closely related disciplines. If your field falls at the interface of chemistry and biology — biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology pathology, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, neuroscience, or another related area — the American Chemical Society (ACS) has journals you’ll want to read.
ACS Publications publishes more than 55 peer-reviewed scholarly journals, including more than 25 that publish research at the interface of chemistry and biology. Read on to learn about five of these journals.
ACS Pharmacology & Translational Science is one of the newest ACS journals. Under the leadership of Editor-in-Chief Patrick M. Sexton, it publishes high-quality, innovative research across the broad spectrum of biological sciences–from basic and molecular sciences to translational pre-clinical studies.
- Read Volume 2, Issue 1–free to read courtesy of ACS Publications
- Submit your research for the upcoming Special Issue “Innovation and Discovery in Cardiovascular Biology”
- Submit your research in other areas involving pharmacology and translational science
ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters is celebrating its 10th volume this year. Lead by Editor-in-Chief Dennis C. Liotta this journal publishes brief communications on studies that pertain to a broad range of subject matter, including compound design and optimization, biological evaluation, drug delivery, imaging agents, and pharmacology of both small and large bioactive molecules.
- Read the latest issue
- Read the Virtual Issue “Tau Hypothesis in Alzheimer’s Disease”
- Submit your medicinal chemistry manuscript
ACS Chemical Biology provides an international forum for the rapid communication of research that broadly embraces the interface between chemistry and biology. Led by Editor-in-Chief Laura L. Kiessling, articles published in the journal encompass mechanistic studies on proteins, nucleic acids, sugars, lipids, and nonbiological polymers.
- Read last year’s impactful Special Issue on the Chemical Biology of CRISPR
- Submit your research for the Proteolytic Regulation of Cellular Physiology Special Issue
- Read the research featured in ACS Publications’ Virtual Issue on Molecular Imaging
Journal of Medicinal Chemistry has been publishing studies that contribute to an understanding of the relationship between molecular structure and biological activity or mode of action for more than 60 years. Now lead by Editors-in-Chief Gunda I. Georg and Shaomeng Weng, the journal aims to advance drug discovery.
ACS Chemical Neuroscience, also celebrating its 10th Volume Anniversary, is led by editor-in-chief Craig W. Lindsley, recipient of the 2019 ASPET Scientific Achievement Award in Drug Discovery and Development. The journal features high-quality research articles and reviews that showcase chemical, quantitative biological, biophysical and bioengineering approaches to the understanding of the nervous system, as well as the development of new treatments for neurological disorders.
- Read the 2019 special issues on Allostery and Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease: Process and Progress
- Find out what neuroscience research was trending in 2018
- Read the Classics in Neuroimaging articles featured in the Virtual Issue on Molecular Imaging